Tuesday 27 April 2010

Reflection 2: Research

My research has been key to this unit. The decisions I have made throughout the project have been informed by my research and it has given me a better idea of the context and more thorough knowledge of fashion in this period in time.

It has taught me more about the correct silhouette of the time, fabrics used and how they were dyed, etiquette of colour and how status is demonstrated, and popular accessories.

Looking at the costumes has helped me to see how a period garment can be translated in to a costume and therefore how to create one from a theatrical perspective, with consideration to constant wear, budget and ease of wear.

I believe that my improved understanding and now broader knowledge is enabling me to create a more accurate costume and will aid me in my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment