Saturday 15 May 2010

Reflection 3: Finishing

I carefully considered the best techniques to finish the costume. I used a rolled seam for the muslin and hem, adjusted my stitch size and used piped seams round the neckline and armholes for a more definite edge.

When embroidering I made samples first to see which stitch would work best with the fabric. The fine muslin pulled and made holes with the embroidery but when looking at it from a distance the pattern made gave a better impression of embroidery, which was what I had discovered from my research too.

I used different finishing techniques appropriate to the fabric and to the theatrical perspective and believe I have achieved a neat finish and created a well made costume. With the accessories I have made I can really see how they complete the costume as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment